Re: [K12OSN] Samba/LDAP how-to in OO format

Couple of things so I can help....are you using the config files in the
how-to (actually copy and paste) and simply changing dc=vcs,dc=com to your
own?  Or are you doing more?  Have you checked the part where it says
Manager and make sure it does say Manager and not root?

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn redhat com>
writes:
>Sorry David, but I have tried and followed the document to the letter and
>when I try to populate the database using smbldap-populate it keeps
>failing
>to write the information (Domain Admins, users, Administrator etc all of
>them actually) and keeps telling me that I have invalid credentials. I
>have
>tried it twice on FC2 and then tried on Suse 9.1 and get the same error.
>Is
>there some step I am missing that is missing in your documentation.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us