Re: [K12OSN] server hardware advice needed

Dale Sykora wrote:

To add to Jim's suggestion, I have heard good things about 3ware raid cards. I'm not sure if this was the card seen at buy.com

I am currently using a 3ware 12 port SATA raid controller with linux for our backup server. This card is great, and handles hardware failure very well. I must admit that the software it comes with for linux (called 3dm) is very useful, as it's a web-based raid administration. I can remove and and drives from home if I needed to. I must complain about the installer that came with the software, as it doesn't install the program correctly. None the less, Highly recommended.

--Matt