[K12OSN] server hardware advice needed

Matthew Ross mross at esd165.org
Fri Jun 18 15:28:27 UTC 2004

Dale Sykora wrote:

> To add to Jim's suggestion, I have heard good things about 3ware raid
> cards.  I'm not sure if this was the card seen at buy.com

I am currently using a 3ware 12 port SATA raid controller with linux for
our backup server. This card is great, and handles hardware failure very
well. I must admit that the software it comes with for linux (called
3dm) is very useful, as it's a web-based raid administration. I can
remove and and drives from home if I needed to. I must complain about
the installer that came with the software, as it doesn't install the
program correctly. None the less, Highly recommended.

--Matt