Re: [K12OSN] 1st try samba/ldap = (missing perl Net::LDAP and perl Net::LDAP::LDIF)

Rolf A. Vaglid wrote:

John Baillie wrote:

Hello,

Trying out the SMB/LDAP

Following the instructions closely but installation of smbldap-tools
fails with:

perl Net::LDAP is needed by smbldap-tools perl Net::LDAP::LDIF is needed by smbldap-tools

Yet when I check with cpan it shows they are installed.

I've googled the heck out of this and have found vague references but
nothing that helped.

Only thing I can think of is the perl modules are a newer version than
what is expected by smbldap-tools-0.8.4-1

any ideas?

-john

I had the same problem, it seems the CPAN-modules are _/not/_ registered in your RPM-database.
I solved this by downloading a third party http://dag.wieers.com/packages/perl-Net-LDAP/perl-Net-LDAP-0.2701-1.rhfc1.dag.noarch.rpm

from http://dag.wieers.com/packages/perl-Net-LDAP/

Cheers
Rolf