[K12OSN] cups hangs/fails

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Fri Jun 18 17:15:48 UTC 2004

in /etc/services, I have the following:

ipp             631/tcp                         # Internet Printing Protocol
ipp             631/ucp                         # Internet Printing Protocol

which is the same as another system with cups.  Also, in /etc/inetd.d there is a cups-lpd, but again this is the same as another system with cups installed.  rc5.d has an entry for S90cups.

The only thing I can see that is obviously different is  netstat returns many many instances similar to the following for ipp.
tcp        0      0 ncslts1.ncs.k12.de.:ipp ncslts1.ncs.k12.d:34816 TIME_WAIT

which is not that same as the system where printing is working.

Dave Hopkins