Re: [K12OSN] Membership and Donation Software

Timothy Legge wrote:

Hi

I recently converted the staff at a Boy's and Girls Club to LTSP.

We are looking for a couple of pieces of software.

1) A membership tracker (contact information etc. for the Kids)
2) A Donations/Supporters Database that can track who has made donations
and the type of donations.

I would normally say that Web Based would be preferable but with LTSP as
long as it is multi user it should be fine.

Any ideas?

Tim

I recenlty had a simular problem, as I had a signup for a Lan Party I had to keep track of.

I solved problem #1 using a little editable form which connects to a MySQL database. The form I used was PHPMyEdit, avalible here: http://phpmyedit.org/home.php

To take care of the money requirements for our lanparty, we used PayPal. Since PayPal will accept credit cards, and it has a history of all transactions, it fit the bill (no pun intended).

But, if you're looking for a more generalized tracking of funds, you could go with GnuCash.

Hope you find the software you're looking for.

--Matt