[K12OSN] Membership and Donation Software

Matthew Ross mross at esd165.org
Mon Jun 21 04:20:56 UTC 2004

Timothy Legge wrote:

>Hi
>
>I recently converted the staff at a Boy's and Girls Club to LTSP.
>
>We are looking for a couple of pieces of software.
>
>1) A membership tracker (contact information etc. for the Kids)
>2) A Donations/Supporters Database that can track who has made donations
>and the type of donations.
>
>I would normally say that Web Based would be preferable but with LTSP as
>long as it is multi user it should be fine.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Tim

I recenlty had a simular problem, as I had a signup for a Lan Party I
had to keep track of.

I solved problem #1 using a little editable form which connects to a
MySQL database. The form I used was PHPMyEdit, avalible here:
http://phpmyedit.org/home.php

To take care of the money requirements for our lanparty, we used PayPal.
Since PayPal will accept credit cards, and it has a history of all
transactions, it fit the bill (no pun intended).

But, if you're looking for a more generalized tracking of funds, you
could go with GnuCash.

Hope you find the software you're looking for.

--Matt