Re: [K12OSN] Of interest - new Wyse terminals

Yes, I noticed that also, and I like seeing a corporate mindset that supports LTSP architectures. My concern would be upgrading the kernel, X11, or anything else for which there were a newly discovered security hole or other serious bug, given that these thin clients seem to have an embedded Linux-based OS, and even a user app or two (Web browser) in them. With TFTP-booting thin clients (say, an old Pentium), that kernel/X11/etc. code can be easily upgraded.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

--TP

Les Bell wrote:

Wyse ships Linux clients
Terminal vendor Wyse Technology has enriched its server-centric computing
strategy by unveiling the Winterm 5000 series of Linux-based thin clients.
http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=76388437&eid=-50

Best,

--- Les Bell, RHCE, CISSP
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]