[K12OSN] K12LTSP vs. Skolelinux

Karolow, Mike [ITS] Mike.Karolow at mail.sprint.com
Mon Jun 21 15:12:19 UTC 2004

Everyone,

I'm just starting with Linux and L12LTSP in particular.  Please don't
take offence at my question, nor feel as though I'm asking for anyone to
defend themselves (I'm all too well aware that things sometimes come
across poorly in email)

I've been following K12LTSP for about a month now and have been
impressed with what I saw.  I have installed it and created a small test
network.  My mind had been made up to use K12LTSP in my small,
one-school setup of about 10 machines.

I read that the Debian based Skolelinux just hit 1.0.  What I don't know
is how the two projects differ (aside from the Norwegian language
support).  Have any of you experimented with Skolelinux?  Why did you
choose K12LTSP in the end?  I'm trying to better understand what to
expect from one vs. the other.

Thanks!

Mike Karolow
Volunteer IT Administrator