[K12OSN] Logging onto the server from a windows machine

Yesterday I had a problem.  I was in a meeting in a different part of my
school.  A problem occurred that if I could have loged in from the nearest
computer I could have fixed in about 2 minutes.  All I had was a Windows
machine available.  How can I log in as root using a windows machine on an
internal network in other words the ip address is xx.xx.x.xx
Thanks
Pat