[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

RE: [K12OSN] Re: LDAP install instructions



The LANG="POSIX" setting was the problem I was able to run the Perl
install for the Unicode. Now I have another problem when I start ldap I
get the following error when I try to start ldap.
/usr/local/libexec/slapd: error while loading shared libraries:
libdb-4.2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I believe the problem is symbolic link, but I not sure where to make the
link.  Any input on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: John Baillie [mailto:jbaillie stmarys-school org] 
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 9:36 PM
To: k12osn redhat com
Subject: [K12OSN] Re: LDAP install instructions

On a wbel box I ran into the same thing.

The following is from: 
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/serve/cache/121.html
 
"If you edit /etc/sysconfig/i18n, you can change the first line to say 
LANG="POSIX"
and the change will take effect system-wide, the next time programs are
restarted. A reboot may be the simplest way to make sure you got them
all." 
> 
> > 
> > Message: 1
> > Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:46:50 -0400
> > From: "Glenn Arnold" <garnold unrealsolutions com>
> > Subject: [K12OSN] LDAP install instructions
> > To: <k12osn redhat com>
> > Message-ID:
> >
<FBB94159F220FF499DD25A7524D326800C405E unrealdc01 unrealsolutions com>
> > 	
> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
> > 
> > When I try to follow the install Unicode::MapUTF8 instructions I get
the
> > following errors.  I am trying this on Red Hat 9 which I know the
> > instructions are for Fedora Core2.  Any ideas what might be missing
from
> > my box besides fedora core 2 ;-)
> >  
> > Thanks
> > -Glenn
> >  
> > de-0.86/blib/lib/Jcode/Tr.pm line 27 (#2)
> > Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected continuation byte 0xa5, with
no
> > preceding
> >         start byte) in pattern match (m//) at
> > /root/.cpan/build/Jcode-0.86/blib/lib/Jcode.pm line 579 (#1)
> > t/tr.........FAILED tests 4-8
> >         Failed 5/8 tests, 37.50% okay
> > Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
> >
------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > -------
> > t/convert.t               39   15  38.46%  12-14 16 18-22 24-25
32-34 37
> > t/h2z.t                    6    2  33.33%  4-5
> > t/new.t                   34   19  55.88%  7-9 11-20 22 27-29 31-32
> > t/tr.t                     8    5  62.50%  4-8
> > Failed 4/7 test scripts, 42.86% okay. 41/123 subtests failed, 66.67%
> > okay.
> > make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 29
> >   /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
> > Running make install
> >   make test had returned bad status, won't install without force
> > Running make for S/SN/SNOWHARE/Unicode-MapUTF8-1.09.tar.gz
> >   Is already unwrapped into directory
> > /root/.cpan/build/Unicode-MapUTF8-1.09
> >   Has already been processed within this session
> > Running make test
> > PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"
> > "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
> > t/01_unicode_maputf8....Can't locate Jcode.pm in @INC (@INC
contains:
> > ./blib ../blib ../lib ./lib
> > /root/.cpan/build/Unicode-MapUTF8-1.09/blib/lib
> > /root/.cpan/build/Unicode-MapUTF8-1.09/blib/arch
> > /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0
> > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
> > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
> > /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
> > /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at
> > lib/Unicode/MapUTF8.pm line 9.
> > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at lib/Unicode/MapUTF8.pm line 9.
> > Compilation failed in require at t/01_unicode_maputf8.t line 5.
> > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at t/01_unicode_maputf8.t line 5.
> > t/01_unicode_maputf8....dubious
> >         Test returned status 2 (wstat 512, 0x200)
> > FAILED--1 test script could be run, alas--no output ever seen
> > make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 2
> >   /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
> > Running make install
> >   make test had returned bad status, won't install without force
> >  
> > cpan>
> > -------------- next part --------------
> > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> > URL: /archives/k12osn/attachments/20040621/9b58ef69/attachment.htm
> > 
> > ------------------------------
> > 
> > Message: 2
> > Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:01:55 -0500
> > From: jim winonacotter org
> > Subject: Re: [K12OSN] LDAP install instructions
> > To: "Support list for opensource software in schools."
> > 	<k12osn redhat com>
> > Message-ID: <1087855315 40d75ad325eaf webmail winonacotter org>
> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
> > 
> > I keep running into these errors with all sorts of perl modules.  It
seems to
> > always be related to a bug with perl.  Try to issue the command 
> > # export LANG="en_US"
> > at the command line and then run the install again.  This has fixed
every
> > install problem I have had with perl so far.  Not exactly sure why
this fixes
> > it but I have found the suggestion in forums on a few Google
searches.
> > 
> > Quoting Glenn Arnold <garnold unrealsolutions com>:
> 


_______________________________________________
K12OSN mailing list
K12OSN redhat com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/k12osn
For more info see <http://www.k12os.org>



[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]