From: k12osn-bounces redhat com [mailto:k12osn-bounces redhat com]On
Behalf Of John P. Conlon
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 1:29 PM
To: Support list for opensource software in schools.
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Logging onto the server from a windows machine

I don't have the VNC option available in the Windows machines because they are admin computers and have 90 thousand layers of security that not even the administrator can access some of.

Joe Guenther wrote:

You could also VNC into the server.  I have the VNC server installed and
running.  When I VNC into it, I get the same graphical login as a terminal.

Login as root ... away you go ...

Joe Guenther
LANtech - Didsbury
Chinook's Edge School Div.