Re: [K12OSN] Logging onto the server from a windows machine

VNC is nice unless the security program on the Windows machine will not allow you to access anything except certain given file types and those needed for VNC are not among them. If I could do it with a browser I could probably make that work. If I knew how.
Thanks
Pat

Dennis Daniels wrote:

This litte tidbit has been wikified:
http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/Technical%3AAccess%3ANonLTSPClients

dgd

Joe Guenther wrote:

You can run the VNC viewer from a diskette (288kb in size) or a network
drive or a USBdrive .... it does not need an installation on the windows
machine - just on the LTSP side the VNC server has to be installed and
started.

greetings
joe