From: k12osn-bounces redhat com [mailto:k12osn-bounces redhat com]On
Behalf Of John P. Conlon
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 9:05 PM
To: ddaniels magic fr; Support list for opensource software in schools.
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Logging onto the server from a windows machine

VNC is nice unless the security program on the Windows machine will not
allow you to access anything except certain given file types and those
needed for VNC are not among them.  If I could do it with a browser I
could probably make that work.  If I knew how.
Thanks
Pat

http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/Technical%3AAccess%3ANonLTSPClients

> dgd
>
> Joe Guenther wrote:
>
>> You can run the VNC viewer from a diskette (288kb in size) or a network
>> drive or a USBdrive .... it does not need an installation on the windows
>> machine - just on the LTSP side the VNC server has to be installed and
>> started.
>>
>> greetings
>> joe

>>> running.  When I VNC into it, I get the same graphical login as a