Re: [K12OSN] M$ Access replaement (hijacked for Rekall question)

Rick Barnich wrote:
A while back someone was looking for a Linux replacement for M$ Access. I'm currently moving our MRP system to a package called 'Knoda' which uses KDE, QT and supportsd scripting in Python. So far, I'm impressed.

Rick Barnich

I've been trying to use ReKall, but every time I try to create a new database it gt this:
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
I have not experience with databases outside of using M$Abcess and Appleworks Database.
I tried to start mysql at the terminal and got the same message.
(did % /usr/bin/mysql)
I just wanted to make a database to catalog my books, to start off with.

--
Anthony Baldwin
http://www.School-Library.net