RE: [K12OSN] Ignorance is bliss..but this is outrageous...

Title: Message

This eMail should really come with a disclaimer as the views in it are clearly mine and nothing to do with the university I work for:

Here we have the same thing. Students are being taught packages, not concepts.

We HAVE to keep up-to-date with the latest Dreamweaver package that Macromedia are currently selling… why? I don’t know!

Students leave here fully able to use Dreamweaver to make a webpage but sit them in front of HTML and they don’t know what they are doing.

The best demonstration of this was a student who miss clicked and went to the screen layout where you see the HTML code and the WYSIWYG view.

Not know what the HTML was they highlighted it all, deleted it, and them complained that the machine was miss behaving and had lost there work.

I do feel I have completely gone away from the point of this mailing list!

Will Scurrell

Faculty of Technology

BCUC