From: k12osn-bounces redhat com [mailto:k12osn-bounces redhat com] On Behalf
Of Terrell Prudé
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 4:38 AM
To: Support list for opensource software in schools.
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Sharing Windows Applications to the desktop

Samps wrote:

> anthony baldwin wrote:
>
>> Is it not a violation of M$'s mercenary licensing strictures to share
>> these apps over a network via LTSP without purchasing a license for
>> each terminal?
>>

> I don't know about the Microsoft licensing structure where you are
> situated but it is a violation in South Australian schools.
>
> cheers
> Samps

Same here in the United States.  You do that, you're risking becoming
the next Ernie Ball.  That's a lot of the point of Free Software in the
first place--freedom from being assumed a criminal until proven innocent.

William J., can you tell us more about your situation that makes you
want to run specifically Microsoft Office on an LTSP architecture, when
K12LTSP already comes with OpenOffice.org 1.1?  Perhaps we can suggest
some alternative solutions for your situation.

--TP