[K12OSN] LVM - is anyone using this?

Julius Szelagiewicz julius at turtle.com
Fri Jun 25 15:55:47 UTC 2004

> Hi folks,
>
> Is anyone using LVM?
>
> I'm looking for a solution that will allow the addition of extra drive
> space (100+ GB) to a server in approximately 18 months time.
>
> I've done this on Netware servers, so I understand the principles. I
> believe LVM is similar to the way Netware does things.
>
> Thanks,
> Bert
Bert,
 i have been using LVM on hp-ux for many years now ao i was very happy to
see it on Linux. alas, sistina lvm in both rh9 and fedora1 choked on
array bigger than 300GB and it doesn't allow on-the-fly change to the
size of the filesystems. it feels clumsy compared to the veritas one used
by hp. julius