[K12OSN] Linux Auth'ing to Novell Edirectory-- Next Question

Caleb Wagnon cwagnon at redbugmail.k12.ar.us
Fri Jun 25 16:25:46 UTC 2004

Joe Guenther said:
> Caleb,
>
> For fear of being rude, but why did you create all the accounts on the linux
> box?  What then is the point of using eDir?  For me the point was not having
> to create 400 student and staff accounts a second time, and then to keep the
> password sync'd.  But now that you have the user accounts created, why do
> you want the linux <--> novell eDir interaction?

I'm not creating this network from scratch. We have had this linux mail server
for several years thus we have all our users and their accounts already
managed on it. We are now implementing edirectory and want to tie our mail
server into it so we won't have 2 sets of accounts to manage.
--
Caleb Wagnon
Technology Coordinator