Re: [K12OSN] LVM - is anyone using this?

Julius-
Have you tried ext2online, which, on my box anyway, is called by e2fsadm which works similarly to HP's fsadm? It requires a kernel patch (which I haven't installed), but it sounds like it would bring it pretty close to HP's jfs. But I agree the Linux LVM is clumsy compared to HP's.

Petre

Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:
Hi folks,

Is anyone using LVM?

I'm looking for a solution that will allow the addition of extra drive
space (100+ GB) to a server in approximately 18 months time.

I've done this on Netware servers, so I understand the principles. I
believe LVM is similar to the way Netware does things.

Thanks,
Bert

Bert, i have been using LVM on hp-ux for many years now ao i was very happy to see it on Linux. alas, sistina lvm in both rh9 and fedora1 choked on array bigger than 300GB and it doesn't allow on-the-fly change to the size of the filesystems. it feels clumsy compared to the veritas one used by hp. julius