[K12OSN] LVM - is anyone using this?

Quentin Hartman qhartman at lane.k12.or.us
Fri Jun 25 18:13:01 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 03:04, Les Bell wrote:
> Most of this has to be done in single-user maintenance mode, of course, but
> down-time is minimal when compared with backing up and restoring without
> LVM.

If my understanding is correct, this is not necessarily true, the LVM
modules just have to be unmounted. I run LVM on my home (gentoo, not rh)
machine, and though I've never had occasion to do hot-adds, I seem to
remember having to unmount and tweak some lv settings while the machine
stayed up, and it seemed to work fine. I'm hardly an expert on LVM
though...

--
-Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-