Re: [K12OSN] OT PAM questions

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 13:07, Doug Gough wrote:
> I'm hoping that someone on this list can help me. I need to get my Linux
> workstations to automatically create a user when they authenticate
> against NIS. Does that make any sense? Or do I have to create the user
> manually on the workstation?

The user account and related groups should automatically exist
if NIS is configured.  However you still need to provide a
home directory.  You can either NFS mount /home from the
main server where the account exists or do something with
the automounter to do each one on demand.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com