Re: [K12OSN] Printing problem V4.0.1

I think I've seen a problem with hpijs (or some combination of those letters) after an install/upgrade. Generally, I just let it remove that package, and all seems well. Let me open this thread up a bit and ask some questions:

Not sure if this is related, but I thought I'd share.

I have upgraded a few RH8 (K12LTSP 3 .0.x)based computers using lprng to FC1(K12LTSP 4.0.x) using cups.

Most of the time after the upgrade, printing is broken. yum erase cups (and dependencies) and yum install cups (and dependencies), + reinstall printers gets it going.

I'm sure there is a simpler way, I just haven't bothered to look too much. There is probably an easy work around if I bothered to google for it, but it hasn't caused me too much pain.

This happens whether or not I'm using K12LTSP. after RH8> FC1 upgrade printing is broken too, so it is probably an upstream installer bug that didn't get fixed, or the solution was harder than the workaround.

Who knows, maybe it's even in the release notes for FC1, but the link from the fedora site for FC1 points to FC2 Relase notes.. hmmmm.

Ben