Re: [K12OSN] Ignorance is bliss..CSS is better

Steve wrote:

I've been working with our web developer on fixing a problem that was created years ago. Similar situation, use this product because it is cool. However we have spent the last 6 months trying to clean up all the problems/hacks. In the process we came across a great web page aimed at the design industry. http://csszengarden.com/ Their goal is to encourage designers to use a standard piece of validated html. They are not allowed to change the html. They are allowed to change the css to implement their designs. We actually showed this to our staff in an effort to explain why correct, validated, html was more important in the long run. Using standards means that web content does not break down when viewed in different browsers. i.e They work in non IE environments. So perhaps sharing this with the folks may help. It is very pretty and we all know how much more important eye candy is over content ;)

Wow this is fantastic, I am trying to get to grips with css and this site ahs really motivated me.

And now I can show people this and explain why it is important to get the foundations right.

Lurking on this list has taught me alot :-)
Steve

Lurking on this list has taught me alot :-)
I have to concur with that sentiment.
Anyway, I took y'all's advice and started to teach myself CSS.
School-Library.net had been previously laid out with tables and was a bit messy. Take a look at the difference CSS has made:

1. old index page: http://baldwinets.tripod.com/index_Copy_1.htm
2. new look: http://www.school-library.net
3. new SLN Linux page: http://linux.school-library.net

What do you think?