[K12OSN] Ignorance is bliss..CSS is better

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sat Jun 26 20:36:12 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-26 at 12:57, anthony baldwin wrote:

> Anyway, I took y'all's advice and started to teach myself CSS.
> School-Library.net had been previously laid out with tables and was a
> bit messy.  Take a look at the difference CSS has made:

Don't forget you can go one more step on the server side
and still follow standards by using xml for data (either
static files or generated dynamically) and xsl to control
the layout (you'll still probably want css to control the
appearance).  Then the people/programs updating the data
do not need to know anything at all about the ways it will
be displayed.  Unfortunately there is still no generic
standard for the server commands to perform the xslt
transformation but most servers/languages have it these
days and generate the same output.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com