Re: [K12OSN] Windoze Terminal Server and K12LTSP

John P. Conlon wrote:

Yes because the possibility of access and use is there.

I just don't read that anywhere -- someone please point me in the right direction. I understand that I need a TCAL for using the session, and a CAL for actually accessing the server -- but I think the Terminal OS license is only required if you use a Microsoft OS Terminal (ie a WinCE thin client or something)

I dont' doubt that Microsoft would want to charge for an OS license on the client -- but I dont' think in this particular case they can...

Also, looking at the Riverdale Case Study -- there were no licenses purchased for Microsoft OS on the thin clients.

Please, more feedback -- especially from folks that have done this...

thanks,
-Shawn