[K12OSN] Windoze Terminal Server and K12LTSP

Jim Hays haysja at sages.us
Sun Jun 27 15:18:34 UTC 2004

Thanks for finding that.  In reading it, it looks like my statement on
1) is incorrect.  (I was told that this was needed by my Microsoft
contact a few years ago, but I am running Windows TS 2000 - not 2003.)
The following statement from the article :

"In addition to a server license, a Windows Server 2003 CAL (Windows
CAL) is required. If you want to conduct a Windows session, an
incremental Terminal Server Client Access License (TS CAL) is required
also. A Windows session is defined as a session where the server
software hosts a graphical user interface (GUI) on a device. For Windows
sessions, a TS CAL is required for each user or device."

You will need a CAL and a TS CAL for every device (terminal client).

You cannot, as some suggest, buy one CAL and one TS CAL (for the K12LTSP
server) and hit it from all of the terminals.