[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [K12OSN] Windoze Terminal Server and K12LTSP

Thanks for finding that. In reading it, it looks like my statement on 1) is incorrect. (I was told that this was needed by my Microsoft contact a few years ago, but I am running Windows TS 2000 - not 2003.) The following statement from the article :

"In addition to a server license, a Windows Server 2003 CAL (Windows CAL) is required. If you want to conduct a Windows session, an incremental Terminal Server Client Access License (TS CAL) is required also. A Windows session is defined as a session where the server software hosts a graphical user interface (GUI) on a device. For Windows sessions, a TS CAL is required for each user or device."

You will need a CAL and a TS CAL for every device (terminal client).

You cannot, as some suggest, buy one CAL and one TS CAL (for the K12LTSP server) and hit it from all of the terminals.

Yancey B. Jones wrote:

You will need:

1) A MS OS license for each terminal (even though you won't use MS OS on the clients.)
2) A MS CAL for each terminal (~$7 each)
3) A MS Terminal CAL for each terminal (~$40 each)

According to this KB article - http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823313 - it does not look like this is correct.


_______________________________________________ K12OSN mailing list K12OSN redhat com https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/k12osn For more info see <http://www.k12os.org>

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]