To: "Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn redhat com>
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2004 1:26 PM
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Windoze Terminal Server and K12LTSP

Here's the FAQ page - it looks like at most you need CALs and TCALs +
application licenses.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/server/howtobuy/pricing/tsfaq.asp

Jon

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004, Jonathan Bartlett wrote:

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004, Shawn Powers wrote:

> Jim Hays wrote:
>
> > 1) A MS OS license for each terminal (even though you won't use MS > > OS
> > on the clients.)
>
> Can anyone verify this? If this is the case, I'm currently in > violation
> with my rollout for next year... I actually thought this was the way
> that LTSP was the cheapest way to implement Microsoft...

The licensing FAQ for Terminal Services on Windows is self-contradictory
in several places - which basically gives them the ability to interpret it
in any way to screw you. I'll try to dig up the link.

Jon