Re: [K12OSN] More Windoze terminal server questions

David Trask wrote:
> in an effort to avoid having my users having to have two
> accounts....?????

pgina.xpasystems.com

Nathan, the developer, worked with me last year -- to make sure terminal session authentication worked. It's great, you eliminate the whole "active directory" thing altogether. It has an LDAP authentication module too.

The program creates users on the fly, using the "default user" template for policies, and if you ask it to, it will delete the user as they log out. I was going to try using that method to get around MS licensing, but it just wasn't worth the trouble (or legal issues if they arrived)

See, an account is created and deleted at login/logout (if you set pgina to do that) so my logic was, you only need 1 license per user, and since the users are deleted...

BUT, the licensing says that you can only transfer user accounts if the user is PERMENENTLY deleted, and it's the question of whether a user is permenently deleted if you plan to recreate an account the next time they log in.

So I just purchased all the device licenses I needed. :)

But check out pgina -- it's amazingly simple, and amazingly useful.

(You can authenticat from LDAP, NIS, PAM, even a slashdot account)

-Shawn

-- Shawn Powers Technology Director Inland Lakes Schools PHN: 231-238-6868 x9174 FAX: 509-356-7024 spowers inlandlakes org http://techcorner.inlandlakes.org