[K12OSN] Maybe Linux is ready for the desktop

For those of you trying to justify Linux to Administrators, teachers and other skeptics, here's an interesting anecdote about Linux's ease of use/familiarity to new users.

I have a couple of 12 year old kids staying at my house for a few weeks. I told them they could use my k12ltsp 4 server if they wanted as a workstation. (Since I can't get any @#$% terminals working yet.) They've been hogging my wife's Mac and I wanted to let her get back to it. They're usually windows users. When I found one of them using it I asked him if he'd ever used Linux. He said, "No, what's that?" I pointed to the screen and explained to him what an operating system was. He had been happily surfing the web. The only instructions I gave him earlier were to point at the terminal and say log in as foo/bar.

Just thought I'd share. I was pretty dumbfounded, actually. I thought he'd need me to tell him where stuff was, etc.