[K12OSN] Re: Java font uglyness

Jim Christiansen christiansen_j at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 1 09:47:05 UTC 2004

Hi Eric,

Yes, I see this problem often.  My old Redhat9 boxes, new Fedoras and Debian
boxes all display many Java text boxes like this.  I know that my older
RH7.3 box that I just dumped didn't show this at all??? or at least as
often.  I occassionally send students to a cool online visusal thesaurus at:

http://www.visualthesaurus.com/online/index.html

and it does the same now- that is clip off the line of text.  I know that a
year ago the text box on the upper left of the link above used to be normal
on 7.3.

I don't know if I could be sure that I've ever seen anti-aliased text in
Java apps.  Usually I see games being played...