[K12OSN] users breaking?

Quentin Hartman qhartman at lane.k12.or.us
Mon Mar 1 14:44:05 UTC 2004

I am having an odd intermittent problem with some of my users on a
somewhat updated 3.12 installation. Occasionally, a user will get
somehow corrupted, preventing them from being able to run most any
program, and also cannot logout properly. Have any of you seen this?
Sorry if this has been addressed already, but the list archive search
functionality seems broken at the moment. I have had this happen to two
users in the last week. Removing the user's home directory and
re-creating it seems to solve the problem, but I'd rather it didn't
happen in the first place obviously.
--
   -Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-

Academic Computing and Networking Services Coordinator
Fern Ridge School District 28J
Elmira, OR
Office: 541-935-2253 x429
Cell: 541-914-2989