[K12OSN] Session declined: Maximum number of sessions from your host reached

Steve Wright paua at quicksilver.net.nz
Mon Mar 1 15:04:01 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 08:49, Jim Christiansen wrote:
> I'm occasionally getting this error on clients at boot up.  After this being
> displayed the x startup cycles for a while before re-displaying this
> message.

Hey Jim,

This normally happens when the Server believes that this Terminal is
already connected, and refuses to accept more than one session.

Most likely caused by someone pressing the 'reset' button on the
Terminal.

It is possible to change the "max number of concurrent sessions"
somewhere, but I advocate not pressing the reset button, coz it's
nasty.  ;-)

cheers,
Steve