[K12OSN] Re: Groupware, E-Smith and More...

Justin Paulsen paulsenj at frederic.k12.wi.us
Tue Mar 2 08:50:06 UTC 2004

Nick,

The ones I would look into would be either Novell's Groupwise or
OpenGroupware.org.  Both have web interfaces but that doesn't mean you
couldn't use Ximian Evolution (with exchange connector)or alike.

I've tried installing OpenGroupware.org but to be honest I never got it
to work correctly and it was a pain because of all of the dependencies.
I think I heard they are working on a unified install but who knows when
that will be ready.

Novell's Groupwise I haven't played around with but I've heard good
things.  Also they sell the licenses for 50% off to educational,
government, and and I think certain other organizations.

Good Luck.