[K12OSN] Making LTSP work with old Compaqs

Max Anikstein max989 at adelphia.net
Fri Mar 5 04:34:03 UTC 2004

We just received approximately 30 Compaq Deskpro 590 computers. After some
messing with the boot disk, I got them to boot off the network but it can’t
configure the X Server. Based on some Googling it appears that the computers
have QVISION 1280/P Graphics chips. Is there anyway to get these machines to
work? Is there another X Server we can use? Do we need to purchase new video
cards?

Thanks a lot,

Max Anikstein

max989 at adelphia.net