[K12OSN] Problems with a kernel, new to the list :)

EDULIX edulix at andaluciajunta.es
Fri Mar 5 12:41:23 UTC 2004

Hi Jim:

Firstly, Excuse my delay of an answer, but I'm full of exams at the high school. As you can see today's friday, and as I have no class in weekends, today I'm just free :).

Uhm, maybe it's a video setting problem, as I had to specify the Xfree driver to 'radeon', as it didn't worked with 'auto' (no image was displayed as far as I can remember), so it's possible it to be problematic with others than Xfree.

I've tried to use that solution that you suggested and it didn't worked either; I was given the same colored, weird, blinking.. screen :|. Maybe the fact that it's a laptop is important, because it uses LCD therefore that "X modes" you told me about simply don't get on well with it.

Therefore, I think that it'd be a good thing to try one of those machines that are going to be the terminals, so on Monday maybe I can catch one of them and deal with it.

Have you got more ideas others than recompile the kernel? Apart of the EOI installation, I would like to have access to the local drives in my laptop terminal at home :PP.

About compiling myself the kernel, I'm likely to try it. I've already downloaded and installed lbe (apt is wonderful for that hehe) and I have a weekend for it. In any case, I'd like to have a kernel with lpp+supermount, so it's time for fun! Who knows, maybe lpp (as it uses) fix the problem :).

Thanks you all,
    Edulix.