[K12OSN] Home DNS server

lists at wondergibbon.com lists at wondergibbon.com
Mon Mar 8 00:51:01 UTC 2004

The way I do it (but using ClarkConnect instead of IPCop) is:

Set up the DHCP server on linuxbox to assign these addresses to the same
MAC addresses each time. That way, while it's still dynamic, it's static.

Then set the boxes up in the hosts file on the IPCop box.

Then set your IPCop box up to do hosts then DNS as the search order.

Can all be done in webmin, but I don't know if you can use webmin on
IPCop. MAC addresses through the DHCP tab, and hosts and search order
through the network tab. Let us know if you want an example dhcp.conf

And for a little bit more wireless security (not much more, since MAC
addresses can be spoofed) don't let the DHCP server assign any more
addresses then these.