Success! was [K12OSN] Client Display/Boot Problem

David Beach mail at beachmail.ca
Mon Mar 8 09:08:03 UTC 2004

Thanks for the help, guys. I now have a 'proof of concept' (for me!) server
and one client system operating! I used Jim's 'grey screen page' info to
sort out the grey screen problem and all seems to work. Or, at least enough
that I can fiddle around with LTSP. (I am still having some problems with
the 'up2date' feature of Fedora...but that's for another day.)

>From the standpoint of a non-technical user, I look forward to the day of
easier installation and more graphical interfaces to 'fiddle' with the bits
that need fiddling. BUT, the fact that I got it going at all with as few
problems as I did is a real tribute the the people who have written this
software.

Thanks again.

David