[K12OSN] E-mail server...

Dan Young dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us
Mon Mar 8 20:05:01 UTC 2004

Steve Wright said:
> On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 10:01, Bert Rolston wrote:
>> Then I can front end this with Squirrelmail?
>
> squirrelmail is front end for the unix mail spools, among others IIRC.

Squirrelmail is a PHP-based IMAP client. Gotta have an IMAP server for
it to talk to. I don't think it will deal w/ a mbox file. You could use
uw-imap (long history of security issues) or dovecot (rather new, but
sounds good), which is present in Fedora Core 1, but not RH9, IIRC.

Why install a Redhat 9 box a month and a half before it's getting EOLed?

-Dan Young
-Parkrose School District