[K12OSN] k12ltsp and ldap

Trond Mæhlum Trond.Maehlum at kongsvinger.kommune.no
Tue Mar 9 09:56:01 UTC 2004

Can someone help me get started with ldap on k12ltsp? I see from some older postings that it's possible. I want to use webmin for creating users, and have one ldap server for users and /home. It looks like openldap is installed, but when I try to open it through webmin I get an error that the server is not running.

I have never done this before, so a nice little howto would be nice. Or is perhaps NIS auth. and NFS export of /home just as good? If so... I would like a how to on this as well. I tried the nis approach, but couldn't get it right. Something tells me that ldap is the way to go, but I'm not sure.

To sum up... Could any of you be so kind as to guide me through it, or perhaps link to a good how to...?

Regards

Trond Mæhlum