[K12OSN] Is IDE enough?

Hedblom Daniel daniel.hedblom at skola.solleftea.se
Thu Mar 11 06:10:25 UTC 2004

Hi!

I think you should go for SCSI for root since you will be reading and
writing in multiple places at the same time, like /var and /tmp. IDE is
great to store backups or things read and written seldom or by just one
request at a time. It just doesnt cut it yet and SCSI really is worth
the extra money.

/daniel

Daniel Hedblom
Sysadmin