[K12OSN] IBM Netvista clients (new thread :) )

Jonathan Carter jonathan at shuttleworthfoundation.org
Fri Mar 12 00:02:00 UTC 2004

Paul Pianta wrote:
> Jonathan Carter wrote:
>
>> Terrell Prude', Jr. wrote:
>>
>>> What are those rates that you're seeing?
>>>
>>> --TP
>>

>> I can't remember the exact rates (I'm not near those thin clients
>> right now), but both were 30 or lower. The one was 31.something khz,
>> and the other one was in the 20 herts.
>>
>> That sounds terribly low to me.
>

> have you tried using different X_MODE values in your lts.conf (such as
> those described in this how-to -
> http://www.ltsp.org/contrib/modelines.html)?
>
> and can i ask which X_SERVER you are using for the netvistas?
>
> pantz

Yes, I've tried the examples in the current lts.conf file. I'll try
those from the website today, thanks. I'm using the cyrix driver. I read
something about a nsc driver in a howto, but it doesn't seem to exist?
Besides that I did everything to the book, flashed the bios with the
updated bootloader, used the custom netvista kernel... and it does boot
up right, it's just the refresh issue. When I get to the computer later
I'll give it another try, and get some more information to pass on to
this list.

Thanks
Jonathan

--