[K12OSN] M$ access from K12LTSP

norbert bear2bar at netscape.net
Sun Mar 14 04:35:52 UTC 2004

Hi,

Amongst all the available solutions for providing M$ application access
via Linux what would be suggested as the best solution considering;

1) Multiple connections (ie. CAL's)
2) Stability & security
3) Cost
4) Performance both local LAN and remote

The options we are considering are, (although not exclusive of others)

WinConnect Server
M$ Terminal CAL on a Win XP or 2003 server (rdesktop)
VMWare GSX server

The first two options we have tested and seeem to work well although
cost is an issue with WinConnect. M$ seems to be less expensive ??
VMware GSX would appear to be an ideal solution but we haven't been able
to get it working with K12LTSP

Any and all suggestions are most welcome as well as any comments

thank you
norbert