[K12OSN] M$ access from K12LTSP

norbert bear2bar at netscape.net
Sun Mar 14 16:45:56 UTC 2004

Hi Terrell,

The applications fall into two major catagories;
a) IE specific applications that are not compatible with other browsers
b) M$ specific applications that do not have an equivalent in Linux nor
a Linux version

For exemple there's an educational program that builds website and
specialty pages but is only compatible with IE. Believe we've tried
every other browser and none display the pages as intented. (Clearly
this is a conspiracy !!! :-D )
Second application like Simply Accounting and Kidpic have M$ specific
clients that will not work in a "WINE" linux environment nor any other
that M$

thanks
norbert