[K12OSN] Clients can't get /lts/vmlinuz

Richard K. Ingalls ringalls at glenwood.k12.mo.us
Mon Mar 15 15:47:36 UTC 2004

I just installed a classroom lab server (5 old-clients, laser printer
& new server for $900!).  I installed K12LTSP 3.0.0.  Then apt-get
update and upgrade.  Then apt-get installed the packages that were not
upgraded automatically (XFree86, redhat-menus and a few others).  Then
apt-get dist-upgrade.  Then apt-get installed gdm, dia and xmms
(because they were removed by apt).  All done this morning.  Now the
clients won't boot.  They are trying to load /lts/vmlinuz.ltsp (or
something like that).  Can't find the file.

What have I done wrong?

I think I'll just reinstall the who thing (again).  BUT, am I doing
something wrong with apt-get that is causing this problem?  The
clients booted FINE before I did all this apt-get stuff.
Richard K. Ingalls
Director of Information Technology
Glenwood R-8 School District
West Plains, MO