[K12OSN] Ideal Server for Max users

Florian Mettetal falieson at falsworld.com
Sun Mar 14 23:58:19 UTC 2004

I was wondering what some would recommend for a K12ltsp server? I see
the limitations in my school being both budget and bandwith.

The primary question I have is, through a gigabit nic what would be the
maximum amount of clients before saturation?

And for that many clients.. how much RAM?

My goal is to build a server box that can maintain as many clients as
possible for less than 900$. The biggest debate at the moment is AMD vs.
Intel!

I can't imagine that k12ltsp takes a lot of processing power though.
But, I figured I would ask those who have more experiance than I.

Best Regards,
Florian Mettetal