[K12OSN] How to diagnose terminal which keeps logging user off?

jam at mcquil.com jam at mcquil.com
Tue Mar 16 14:50:58 UTC 2004

Sure sounds like the terminal is running out of RAM.

Try setting   USE_NFS_SWAP = Y
in the lts.conf file, and see if the problem goes away or changes.

The NFS Swap acts as a safety net.  Without swap, if the system
runs out of memory, the kernel goes on a killing spree.  Most of
the time, it picks the Xserver to kill, to regain some memory.
The Xserver then respawns, and you find yourself sitting at the
login screen again.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org