[K12OSN] Request for feedback: K12LTSP EL

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Mar 16 15:37:28 UTC 2004

Eric, I downloaded and installed WBEL with the floppy then did the yum
stuff to obtain LTSP and everything went without a hitch (so far).
Things are running strong and I have seen no glitches as far as terminal
operation.  I had problems on this box with LTSP 4.0 but those seem to
have gone away with this setup.

The only problems I have seen are in relation to the education program
package.  The Education program group doesn't get added to the menu
list, some of the apps seem to be missing (tux math, kstars) and a
couple didn't run (tux paint).  I am sure these problems can be easily
fixed by just reloading the separate apps myself.  Or possibly I am
looking for them and running them from the wrong place (I am running
from /usr/bin).

Anyhow the Terminal part works great, machines find it just fine and
boot without problems.  Also Gcompris always crashed within 30 seconds
on me with 4.0 but is very stable now.