[K12OSN] WBEL LTSP

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Mar 16 16:02:30 UTC 2004

I have installed WBEL and LTSP according to Eric's instructions using
his boot floppy and yum to obtain all the LTSP packages.  Terminals boot
and run fine.  The education package however seems to be missing 70% of
applications and was missing the Education folder in the menu.  I did
find that if I did another yum update it found and updated menu and
added the Education folder.  The Tux apps (paint, type, math) are
present along with Gcompris, the Gradebook program a couple others.
Does anyone know where I should point my yum.conf in order to download
the rest of the packages?  Right now it only contains the data in the
sample config provided by the INSTALL.txt provided in Eric's
instructions on his site.  Also Tux Paint appears to run great on the
server but when run from a terminal it starts, I see a blank black
window, then it crashes.  Not a big deal right now but a problem.

Some minor glitches but definitely more stable than my LTSP 4.0
attempts.

---