[K12OSN] NEVERMIND! Re: Freedom 9 PXE

Joe Faletra jfaletra at sau16.org
Wed Mar 17 14:22:10 UTC 2004

It helps when you make ALL of the appropriate changes in the BIOS.

Where did I put my coffee.

Joe

"A technical support and discussion community for users of the K12OS
Linux distribution." <k12osn at redhat.com> writes:
>I recently attended a training session help by David Trask (nice Job
>Dave)
>
>He had a Freedom 9 system that he plugged in and it booted PXE.
>
>I purchased 1 to try.  I modified the BIOS to boot from Lan.  What do I
>have to do on the server?  The docs at k12ltsp.org don't make it very
>clear.
>
>This has been a great experience so far.  We are going to try to go
>full Linux (with the exception of our FirstClass E-mail server) in all
>10 schools!
>

>Joe Faletra
>School Administrative Unit 16
>Districts Manager for Technology Support Services
>T: 603-775-8576
>F: 603-775-8487
>http://www.sau16.org

Joe Faletra
School Administrative Unit 16
Districts Manager for Technology Support Services
T: 603-775-8576
F: 603-775-8487
http://www.sau16.org

DO NOT READ, COPY, OR DISSEMINATE THIS COMMUNICATION UNLESS YOU ARE THE
INTENDED ADDRESSEE.  This e-mail communication contains confidential
and/or privileged information that is intended only for the addressee.
If you have received this communication in error, please call us
immediately at 603-775-8680 and ask to speak to the sender of the
communication.  Also please immediately notify the sender via e-mail
that you have received the communication in error.  Please note e-mail
may be corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late, be incomplete or
contain viruses.  The sender does not accept liability which arises as
a result of e-mail transmission.  If verification of this message is
required, please request a hard copy version at 603-775-8680.