[K12OSN] Kidspiration or Inspiration-like Linux software

Richard K. Ingalls ringalls at glenwood.k12.mo.us
Thu Mar 18 14:46:02 UTC 2004

Jim Hays wrote:

> I just installed Inspiration on K12LTSP and it ran without a hitch.  (I
> have only done some preliminary testing, but all works well so far.)
> The installation was very easy.  Here is what I did:
>
> Copied the files from the Inspiration CD into my home folder.
> Double-clicked on INstall.exe and Wine took care of the rest.
> Now, I will work on Kidspiration.
>

> Jim Hays wrote:
>
>> Thank you.  I will try that in the morning.,
>>

>> John P. Conlon wrote:
>>
>>> I copied Inspiration into my usr file and then used a terminal window
>>> to wine install the thing.  Then I created an icon for the .exe file
>>> in the fake c and put it onmy task bar.  In the line where the path
>>> to the .exe file is put the word winein front of the path for example:
>>> wine /home/username/c/programname.exe
>>> If I typed anything wrong from memory I'm sure that my local guru
>>> will let us know what it was.
>>> Bye
>>> Pat

Ok, but how do we get it working for ALL of our teachers/students?
Aside from the first obvious step of having a license for all of them?

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
  for that which he cannot lose."
  -- Jim Elliott

RICHARD K. INGALLS
Director of Information Technology
Glenwood R-8 School District
West Plains, MO

email..ringalls (at) glenwood.k12.mo.us
web....glenwood.k12.mo.us
ph.....417.256.4849
fax....417.257.2567

"Miracles are a retelling in small letters
  of the very same story which is written across
  the whole world in letters too large
  for some of us to see."
  -- C. S. Lewis