[K12OSN] Still trouble with USB Mouse

Richard K. Ingalls ringalls at glenwood.k12.mo.us
Thu Mar 18 16:15:13 UTC 2004

Eric Harrison wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 08:01, Richard K. Ingalls wrote:
>
>>I've still got just one workstation that isn't working properly.  It
>>is the intel d810emo motherboard with IBM Netvista case (just like the
>>thin-clients discussed on the k12ltsp.org site).  It has ONLY USB
>>ports for keboard and mouse.  The keyboard works fine.  The mouse does
>>NOT.  The mouse pointer just jumps all over the screen.
>

> The D810EMO boards I've seen have pretty lousy "legacy" mouse support.
> Make sure that you have usb enabled in your lts.conf so that the client
> is running in native USB mode:
>
> 	RCFILE_01           = "usb"
>
> -Eric

Does this setting go in the global default settings?  Right now that
setting is...

RCFILE_01          = floppyd

OR, does it go in a workstation specific setting?  If so, how do I
make that setting for my d810emo workstation?

Thanks for your help.

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
  for that which he cannot lose."
  -- Jim Elliott

RICHARD K. INGALLS
Director of Information Technology
Glenwood R-8 School District
West Plains, MO

email..ringalls (at) glenwood.k12.mo.us
web....glenwood.k12.mo.us
ph.....417.256.4849
fax....417.257.2567

"Miracles are a retelling in small letters
  of the very same story which is written across
  the whole world in letters too large
  for some of us to see."
  -- C. S. Lewis